[Clipart] Re: OpenFontLibrary Previwer

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Nov 8 14:43:23 PST 2006

Aurelio, you are so cool! Thanks so much for this lovely commandline
hack for getting text. I'm cc'ing the list so comments can be made...

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 19:09 -0300, Aurélio A. Heckert wrote:
> Hi Jon and Ryan,
>
> Now I found this:
> http://openfontlibrary.org/?ccm=/media/files/zeimusu/15
>
> I don't know the openfontlibrary.org existis! :-)

Cool! Please contribute a patch against ccHost or our current
tools/code, and I'll get you an account on either or both projects (as
they are both separate projects).

At that point, you should send me your ssh2 (dsa, etc) and gpg keys,
real name, desired username and email so I can get you access to our
code and server on freedesktop.org

Cool?

> We can do an TTF previwer for web with ImageMagick too! :-)
> http://imagemagick.org/script/command-line-options.php#font
>
> $ convert -size 350x150 xc:transparent \
>   -font /tmp/zeimusu_-_Ink_Calligraphy.ttf \
>   -pointsize 150 -draw "text 25,100 'Magick'" \
>   -channel RGBA -gaussian 0x4 -fill darkred \
>   -stroke magenta -draw "text 20,95 'Magick'" fuzzy-magick.png
>
> I'm sending the fuzzy-magick.png attached in this e-mail.

Awesome, I wonder if you could figure out a good way with php to make
font previews...something I could hook into php-based ccHost.

We need both quick generic previews, and also previews where a user can
type in text and get back a sample to see what a font looks like (kinda
like a service)...

> Até Mais!
>  Aurium

This looks cool! Also, the same goes for anyone. Send in one patch and
attach it to a bug/feature request in our tracker, and then provide what
I said above (keys, etc), and we'll get you an account so you can have
direct SVN access.

We are very very eager to get more developers onto the project!

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org