[Clipart] Artists Signing Clipart

Gerald Ganson Gerald.Ganson at rdc.ab.ca
Wed Nov 29 15:49:09 PST 2006

I've done it in a few I uploaded.

These were drawn by a naturist who published them to PD so that school
kids could access the drawings.
I included the artists initial and year from his originals just to keep
the fact that he drew them as obvious as I felt best.

for an example see....

http://openclipart.org/cchost/people/Gerald_G/Gerald_G_KU_cirsium_arvens
e.svg

Yes the initials could be removed, and I have given credit in the
metadata.

I did it on this one too for fun using "OCAL"
http://openclipart.org/clipart//transportation/formula_one_car_gerald_g_
02.svg

I think I'd seen it on a drill once. I figured since it was vectors any
user could easily remove it, but now that I think about it, a typical
clip art user may not have ability to edit, only place in a document.

I'm kind of leaning against a hard and fast rule on this issue, but
agree that included signatures could get out of hand.
Possibly best to encourage folks not to for the general usefulness of
the collection..

Gerald G.