[Clipart] Re: clipart Digest, Vol 31, Issue 6

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Thu Oct 5 20:30:35 PDT 2006

Hi Jon,

I'm a contractor for the company I work for.  I don't think I have
any rights to what I make while working for them.  But you make a
good point and thanks for tip.

John Olsen

On Oct 5, 2006, at 8:23 PM, Jon Phillips wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 15:26 -0700, John Olsen wrote:
>> Gerald,
>>
>> That's my understanding.  As a product of a US government agency
>> it is the property of all the people since we pay the bills and
>> thus (per their statements) in the PD.  I'm no lawyer, so I don't
>> know if it is PD for me as a US citizen but not you being in
>> Canada ( I assume for address). I know wikipedia has a tag for US
>> goverment PD.  Hard to imagine that the US gov would have no
>> rights to it in the US but still retain rights in other
>> countries.  I am of the understanding that it is free to use and
>> modify.
>>
>> Johnny
>
> Heya, this would be a great question on the cc-community mailing
> list at
> http://creativecommons.org/
>
> I have talked with the CC general counsel about this before and she
> said
> its a murky area. Also, when the US gov't hires contractors, the
> rights
> get all screwy.
>
> Jon
>
>>> Message: 5
>>> Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 09:29:01 -0600
>>> From: Gerald Ganson <Gerald.Ganson at rdc.ab.ca>
>>> Subject: RE: [Clipart] Re: clipart Digest, Vol 31, Issue 5
>>> To: clipart at lists.freedesktop.org

>>> http://www.epa.gov/enviroed/pdf/actvtybookfinal.pdf
>>>
>>> Since this was produced by the EPA and the PDF itself does not
>>> seem to
>>> contain a copyright notice, would it be safe to add images from this
>>> document to OCAL ?
>>>
>>> Gerald G.

Johnny

"I believe in the Church of Baseball. I've tried all the major
religions and most of the minor ones.  And the only church that truly
feeds the soul, day-in day-out, is the Church of Baseball."

-- Annie Savoy, in Bull Durham