[Clipart] make the bug reports stop please

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Oct 13 00:53:51 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 08:58 +0300, Nicu Buculei (OCAL) wrote:
> dwain.alford at gmail.com wrote:
> > hi,
> > i don't know how i started receiving bug reports, but it seems that
> > that's about all i get.  i created an account tonight and set my email
> > prefs to not email me unless i asked for it and still they come.
> >
> > i have been receiving these (lots of them)for several days now.  it's
> > time to make them quit.
>
> We usually have a very low activity on Bugzilla and decided a long time
> ago to forward all the bugzilla mails to the list.
> This recent batch of messages from Bugzilla was caused mainly by Ryan
> having a productive season (thanks Ryan!) and cleaning most of our Bugzilla.
>
> I don't expect something similar in the near future, we have only 24
> bugs remaining open:
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=openclipart.org&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=
>
> Of course we can stop this forwarding if it annoy people, but I
> personally think the problem will disappear by itself.

Yeah, I still think it is good to consolidate our resources onto this
one mailing list. We could always make something like clipart-activity
and host all these notifications, svn/cvs commits, automated reports on
for ppl. who only want discussion. However, the good thing about having
all these messages is that it encourages developers to jump in and keeps
people posted.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear other opinions on this as these things are
not set in stone.

I would say, ideally, it would be better to have more participants and
regular traffic to warrant creating another list...

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org