[Clipart] Clipart Acquisition

ryan ryan at lennox.com.au
Sun Oct 15 19:54:40 PDT 2006

Hi all

I have been working on a new section in the Open Clip Art wiki to cover the
task of clipart acquisition. I believe that this is a very important part of
the open clip art library, because we are cataloguing and storing all the PD
images from all parts of the internet. John Olsen aka "JohnnyAutomatic" has
already begun the huge task of transforming all the images out there into
SVGs so that they can me submitted to the library.

The purpose of the new section in the wiki is to try and centralise the task
of searching websites for content, checking it's copyright status,
converting it, and uploading it. I tried to design it so someone can, at a
quick glance, see what acquisition projects are running in OCAL currently,
and what they can do to help.

Please remember that this wiki area has only just been made, and I am the
only one that has had input so far, so any feedback/contributions to this
area is greatly appreciated.

Also, if you are looking for an easy way to help bolster the resources of
the Open Clip Art Library, converting and uploading existing images is a
great way to help.

The wiki page is at -

http://www.openclipart.org/wiki/Clipart_Acquisition

thanks,