[Clipart] http://www.vectorsite.net

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Oct 21 13:03:07 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 16:29 +0200, Peter Mathijssen wrote:
> Peter Mathijssen schreef:
> > Peter Mathijssen schreef:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Just to let you know...
> >> I mailed the owner of this site,
> >> http://www.vectorsite.net/gfxzmain.html, if he could provide the
> >> originals of the bitmaps on his site. While converting them i loose
> >> to many details. When i hear from him i let you know.
> >>

> I got this answer:
> ========================
> You're welcome to make any use of my public domain artworks you like.
>
> However, those are just digital drawings.
> Those *are* the originals.  The
> silhouettes are very intolerant of being
> changed to different formats -- if I rescale them I basically have to
> redraw
> them -- and I would think that they would
> look really bad if they were converted
> to a vector format.
>
> =========================
>
> I have spend the last three hours trying to convert them to svg. But the
> quality is not good enough.
> It would have been a nice collection.
>
> Peter

Peter, this is a great example of where you should upload the bitmaps as
clipart requests so that everyone can help in converting them to SVG.
Cool!

I think that finding these public domain sites and doing this type of
contact, ok, and conversion is so awesome! Please keep finding all
these...this will make our collection baloon rapidly!

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org