[Clipart] Regarding the possibility of hosting a contest

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 09:56:16 PDT 2007

On 4/4/07, Gerald Ganson <Gerald.Ganson at rdc.ab.ca> wrote:
> >> How should it be judged? Are you the main point of contact? I recommend
> >> 1-2 judges to decide who are designers in the community.

I believe I am the main point of contact since currently I'm the one
in Xiph in charge of SOM.  If the judges need to be someone from the
designer community, may the people in the list vote on one or two they
deem worthy, albeit the judges should not participate with an entry
for the contest.

> May further suggest a fairly detailed set of expectations ?
>
> perhaps along the lines of...
>
> - no more that X colours
> - etc.

Entries for the logo should:
- be accompanied by grayscale version
- be recognizable in small sizes (think blog banners like "Atom feed")
- look cool in large sizes for use in t-shirts and fliers
- use a mascot, maybe

Creating a mascot for SOM would be great.

Would someone fill these details in the relevant wiki, please?

Thanks for the feedback,
Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves,
Xiph.Org Foundation