[Clipart] Registration

Roan Horning roan at horning.us
Sat Apr 14 14:00:03 PDT 2007

Hi,

Sorry I've been out of touch--just recently started reading the list again.

The XML parser I used for module.graphic.svg.php is php.XPath
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpxpath/), which is named
extension.parse.xml.php within the getID3.php libraries.

The first test used by module.graphic.svg.php to determine if an upload
is an svg file, is to see if the 3-5th characters of the first line of
the file is 'xml', if so it then pipes the file through the XPath library.

The XPath library returns an error if the file is not well formed XML.
If the file is well formed, then the module.graphic.svg.php code checks
to see that the root tag of the xml file is an 'svg' tag--if so then the
file is considered a valid svg file.

 From a quick visual inspection of three files not in a subdirectory of
http://openclipart.org/people/ : cch_Andre_saetherskar_05537f60.svg,
cch_tomas_arad_4a0f4741.svg, and cch_mairin_d2c2f827; they seem to okay
(didn't check if they are well formed)--so off hand I'm not sure what
the problem is.

Unfortunately my life is still hectic right now, so I don't know if I
will have a chance to look into this further any time soon, but I will
try to answer any questions people have about my code.

Sincerely,

Roan