[Clipart] open clipart webservice.

Tobias Jakobs tobias.jakobs at web.de
Tue Apr 17 12:28:36 PDT 2007

Am Dienstag, den 17.04.2007, 12:23 +0200 schrieb Thomas Zander:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a core member of the KOffice[1] team and we are busy preparing the 2.0
> release. As one of the major changes in KOffice2 we moved svg support
> from being only usable in Karbon, to being usable in almost all KOffice
> applications. Applications that currently have this support are Karbon,
> Krita and KWord.  More will follow.

That is really grate.

> I had the idea that we should have a better integration with
> openClipart.org directly in KOffice, in the Shape Selector. Which to me
> means that no webbrowser would be needed, and no manual saving of the
> clipart locally before being able to insert it into the document. We
> would have a clip art browser with similar functionality as
> http://openclipart.org/media/tags but more interactive.

I think Jon just wrote the most important thinks. Openclipart.org uses
ccHost[1] as CMS so you can use the API. We really like to see the Open
Clip Art Library integrated into KOffice. Some time ago we already had
contact with a member of the KOffice team and if you look into your
footer KOffice is already listed as affiliated project.

Regards
Tobias

[1] http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CcHost