[Clipart] Cannot upload

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Apr 20 12:09:42 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 23:09 +0800, Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu) wrote:
> Nicu Buculei (OCAL) wrote:
> > Nicu Buculei (OCAL) wrote:

> >> If you follow the talk in the links above, will see the filesize of
> >> 100k is not the problem by itself, the problem is somewhere else in
> >> our scripts but we have not figured yet where.
> >
> > I tried something: I have a few old files which were rejected at upload.
> > I saved them as "plain SVG" and the upload went very smooth, fine and fast.
> > For one of the files I tried something else: ungrouped all the existing
> > groups (the image is complex), saved as Inkscape SVG and uploaded. It
> > took an awful lot of time but the upload was successful in the end (but
> > the long wait made me expect another failure).
> >
> > So try to save as plain SVG and upload this way.
> >

> Oops, that works for me, too. Thanks.
>
> But plain SVG loses some important information like layers/metadata. And
> it may result that the new SVG is not the preferred form for editing.
> Although we public it in public domain, but it's still a concern for
> free and open.
>
> Please read the long thread,
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2007/03/msg00060.html
>
> Especially this post shows an example of removing comments from source code
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2007/03/msg00130.html
>
> Regards,
>  Ying-Chun Liu

Thanks Ying-Chun Liu...we are working on this issue actively and
appreciate your patience...on the CC side, I'm really pushing for a
fallback license for CC's public domain dedication, that would really
help with the issue you identify...the good news, is that I'm the man on
the inside (since I work for CC on bizdev and strategy)...

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org