[Clipart] Re: OCAL disk usage

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Apr 27 15:36:35 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 15:19 -0700, Jon Phillips wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 00:38 +0300, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 04:44:05PM +0300, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > > clipart.fd.o are now using 72GB on gabe.fd.o[0].  Most of this would
> > > seem to be from daily backups which don't use hardlinks or anything, but
> > > instead copy the _entire repo content_ daily.  This ... hurts.
> >
> > Ping.  We're now down to 4% free disk space, which really needs to start
> > getting freed up ASAP.
>

> I'm on it...
>
> Jon

Ok, I freed it up a lot...cleared out old backups...

There is one folder that it would be good if you could clear out because
permissions are screwed up from multiple users:

/srv/clipart.freedesktop.org/needadmintodelete

What would you prefer for backups? Offsite, or to just keep one daily
backup on the server? I would really prefer this so we don't incur
downtime by having to pull from backup...also, I think will start an
RSYNC offsite back to another dreamhost or another mirror.

BTW, how is the mirror plan/strategy for fd.o? That is partially why I
started that backup because of changes, development, and lack of mirror
strategy.

We would like to help and do what is good and right :)

Cheers and thanks to alerting...looks like the disks have 55G avail
now...much much better :)

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org