[Clipart] planet.openclipart.org

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Wed Aug 8 00:01:32 PDT 2007

Seeing the Planet site not updated since July 18 I decided to
investigate it a little. My main suspects were:
- no write rights to its web directory
- inexistent or bad setup for the cron job

So I logged into hawthorn.osuosl.org and tried to run the script
manually, from my own users account. It worked, to the access rights are OK.

The next step was to try to set the cron job for updating the site
hourly in my personal account, just how it worked in the old location at
f.d.o. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to set a cron job:

 > crontab -e
 > cannot chdir(/var/spool/cron), bailing out.
 > /var/spool/cron: Permission denied

Here lies the problem, what we should do to get a cron job running?

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/