[Clipart] SVG standards question

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 17:22:18 PDT 2007

On 8/23/07, John Olsen <johnny_automatic at mac.com> wrote:
> I find that hard to be true.  Seems like Opera is the only viewer I
> have that renders them correctly if they use gaussian blur.

Well, truth be told, SVG support is crap.  When it's not null, it's
incomplete.  So, it may be possible that Inkscape "standard SVG" is
nothing but SVG Simple, which has wider support.

Stil, I would urge you to confirm.  If it's the case that Inkscape is
actually creating non-standard files those will have to be marked
down.  If it's creating standard files like I suspect but using a more
advanced SVG profile then it's another story, and those files should
be treated the same way SVG Simple files are.  It's not Inkscape's
fault that developers out there aren't taking SVG seriously.

-Ivo