[Clipart] clipart to cchost

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Thu Jan 4 04:58:05 PST 2007

momo wrote:
> I'm not quite sure that this is the simpliest way. In CCHOST there are
> still no thumbnails and no library browser (lots of thumbnails on one
> page) so chasing duplicates will be a very long and difficult task
> because it will require to open each single SVG file, and remember if
> this file resembles to something already listed in the library.
> I have already been in a situation like this in the everyday cleaning
> process I'm involved in, when an uploader (Machovka) reuploaded several
> duplicates of cliparts he uploaded a week before. I was lucky to
> remember that I already saw these cliparts before, and managed to find
> and delete the duplicates.
> Unfortunately CCHOST don't have instruments to easily locate duplicates
> (no thumbnails and no thumbnail browser).
> This is actually one of the reasons why I wanted to clean the 0.18
> collection (and entries that came after this release) locally (on my
> computer) before importing it to CCHOST. Other reasons are:
> - no need to reupload cleaned/improved files (uploading files to cchost
> is painfully slow and sometimes uploads even fail...)
> - faster cleaning (no need to browse the uploaded 0.18 collection
> online, just browse it locally)
> - less traffic on the server

I think is a killer to visually try to identify and clean duplicates for
thousands of images, it should be done in a scripted way: compare the
file sizes and maybe names (names are not reliable) and do a visual
comparison only for the files with matching file sizes and/or names.

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/