[Clipart] Open Source/freeware/demo/evaluation distribution authorization / Open Clipart

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 03:30:39 PST 2007

Dear Julie Gaudras,

There is no need to ask for permission, and asking for permission if
it was required would be quite difficult and very hard. as it stands
the open clip art project does not 'own' the clipart since is all
Public Domain according to the statement by the Creative Commons (see
http://www.openclipart.org/cchost/).

So we would be in the wrong to give permission, it just wouldn't
really make sense.

As for the software, installs/tools and any code publicly released
you'll have to read the licence which should entitle you put it on a
CD in any part of the known universe and make any modifications you
like.

Best Regards, Martin Owens