[Clipart] RE: [Openfontlibrary] font contest

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Jan 28 18:59:27 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 09:09 +1000, Ryan wrote:
> Sounds like a great idea, rejon!

> Two weeks sounds like a good time period, as long as we have a bit of time
> before hand (1 week max) to try to promote the competition...

I agree. I want to move on this fast, so hopefully can put the
announcement out tomorrow if you all are into.

> Any ideas on the best places for promoting this?
>
> My thoughts are:
>
> Open Clip Art Library
> Inkscape
> DeviantArt (especially the inkscape community there)
>
> Any other ideas?

I think we should aim wide with prweb.com, lwn.net and other sites.

Yes, that is a good list. Can you help me with promotion? I iron out the
kinks on the site and help revise announcements, etc.

Ideally, some others on these lists could give your thoughts so we can
move forward without multiple energies going different ways :)

Jon

> Cheers,
>
> Ryanlerch

San Francisco, CA