[Clipart] Announcement: SVGZ files now supported

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Nov 6 14:08:28 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 15:27 -0500, Roan Horning wrote:
> Molumen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What about an anouncement in the news at the front page? The last time
> > some
> > news were posted on the site was in July! Also we could post a clipart of
> > the week, there are several great entries to show!
>
> Yes, I was thinking an announcement on the front page would be good. I've
> also been thinking it would be nice to start doing the clipart of the week
> again. How is the clipart of the week decided? Is this described on part
> of the wiki I haven't read? :)

Ryan is the best to answer that one...he was the one who started
it...ideally, we need a blog or way to generate a blog on ccHost for the
site's main page...we also have http://planet.openclipart.org which we
could just put onto the main page of the site, then you or anyone can
blog clipart of the week on our own blog and it gets picked up...I would
vote for this...is anyone into this idea? I think we need to just chuck
our custom edited news and use our own blogs and the planet for this
great purpose...does this make sense?

There is also the thought of figuring out a way to do this with ccHost,
but I think the above leverages two great things: our pre-existing
planet and our own blogs...

The 2nd approach has a high barrier for entry, but is cool...

> I've just recently started contributing again, so I'm not up on who take's
> care of what parts of the website. I'm happy to help with some content
> updates, but would prefer to concentrate on the programming side.
>
> Roan

And to your contributions, we are all enthused! I think your help is
most needed on the programming side...of course, this is all up to you
and hopefully is fun!

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon at gristle.org
IRC: rejon at irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.