[Clipart] new cronjob for openclipart news

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Nov 12 23:25:00 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 22:51 -0800, Jon Phillips wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 08:41 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> > Jon Phillips wrote:
> > >
> > > We need this because we are adding news onto the front of our
> > > site...please just have it do at the same or alternating times with our
> > > other planet...
> > >
> > > FYI: this planet is accessible here: http://planet.openclipart.org/news
> > > and the feed will be read and placed onto the main page of the
> > > site...cheers!
> >
> > Why do we need two aggregators? How is this different from the regular
> > planet? Do you filter the original feeds on specific tags? If so, people
> > from original planet ocal should add an "ocal" or "inkscape" tag to some
> > of their posts to be considered "news" worthy?
>
> Yah, the idea is to have the regular "noisy" planet and then the planet
> news that ppl. can write for with their category/tag for direction
> towards the main page of openclipart.org ... this is more official
> news...does this make sense?
>
> Jon

Ok, the new code is live on the site! Now, we have live news from
http://planet.openclipart.org/news

If anyone wants to help write news, please send your feed with a
specific tag you will use for writing news to go onto the main page of
the website. For example mine is:

http://rejon.org/tag/openclipartlibrary/feed

Cool?

Ryan, would you copy the old news to your blog and backdate it to the
times when originally posted? That way we won't lose it...cool?

Otherwise, happy blogging! Right now, Ryan, myself and Inkscape news are
the only ones flowing through...

Longterm, I'd like to just have any contributor to be able to blog from
their profile, but for now this will have to suffice...okay, back to
checking out roan's thumbnail code...get excited!

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon at gristle.org
IRC: rejon at irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.