[Clipart] [Open Clip Art Library] interested in purchasing textlink advertising

Greg Bulmash oneminuteinspirations at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 23:18:36 PDT 2007

I didn't reply to the first contact and he followed up.  When I
responded he offered me $200 to put 1 paragraph of text on three
different pages of my blog.

This was not random spam.  It's targeted grey-hat SEO.  OCAL's homepage
has a Google pagerank of 7 and thousands of backlinks.  If it linked out
to their SEO clients with the right keywords in the links, that could be
worth a lot of money.

They're not trying to sell OCAL anything.  They're trying to buy
something... a bit of OCAL's reputation.

And the whole "reply to a spammer and validate your e-mail address"
thing is so 1999.  Botnet masters have made spamming so cheap, no one
cares about address quality anymore.

- Greg