[Clipart] Thumbnails for browsing

Axiom X11 axiomx11 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 07:20:38 PDT 2007

I have been watching this project for a couple of years now, and still there
in no way to visually browse the collection online.

Who is working on this?  What is needed?  Is there something I can do to
help?

Just generating PNG thumbnails from SVGs shouldn't be that difficult,
although it will probably take some work to get galleries looking the way we
want them to in ccHost.

Media wiki currently has great code for displaying galleries of SVG files,
I'm sure we can learn something from that code.

http://commons.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Category:Openclipart_office

To free culture!

-Brian