[Clipart] [support.osuosl.org #5206] big file loss (openclipart)

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Aug 24 21:32:17 PDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 22:51 +0000, Lance Albertson via RT wrote:
> On Sat Aug 23 13:06:52 2008, jon at rejon.org wrote:
> > Something doesn't look right...anyone have the last count?
> >
> > OSUOSL? Has anyone moved things around on the Open Clip Art Library
> > site in the last day or so? We are getting reports of lost files...
> >
> > What backups do we have for openclipart.org as well? Maybe need to
> > review backups from a week ago or a few days...I haven't synced in a
> > few with the test.openclipart.org
> >
> > Thanks all...working to track this down.
>
> I'm not sure if this is related or not, but we have been getting an odd
> email from one of your cronjobs lately. I finally took a look at it just
> now, and noticed that the permissions on three of the files (the
> filelist* ones for snapshot creation) were wrong and weren't being
> updated correctly. It seems as though this has been broken since
> February. I just fixed it, but haven't ran the script yet. If you'd
> like I can do that for you and see how it goes. Also, I could add you
> or someone else onto the cronjob so that you could see the errors too.

What is the path to this script. Nicu had been running this, but this
doesn't impact the database at all I'm pretty sure.

> As for the database server, we did encounter a deadlock situation on
> Friday which required us to restart the daemon. We never did figure out
> the cause but we had no errors in the logs following the restart, so I
> doubt we had any database corruption.

Ok, are there database backups for comparison?

> Where exactly are the files at that are missing? This ticket has been a
> bit vague on where they should be. It would make tracking this problem
> down a lot easier.

/var/www/openclipart.org/htdocs/people on hawthorn

I believe all the files are there...but, the issue is more than an
apparent file loss. The entire site, which has its data in for settings,
files, etc, is in the mysql db

/var/www/openclipart.org/htdocs/cc-config-db.php

We are getting reports saying the site appears as if it was reset back
to a few months ago in file count, files that have been tagged,
etc..this must be in the database since this is where this info is
at...please advise...

Jon

> Thanks!
>
> > On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 23:21 -0700, Greg Bulmash wrote:
> > > Jon,
> > >
> > > Perhaps this was what Angelo was referring to.  I just went to the
> > > site, and there are 2 files dated today, then it next file is dated
> > > Feb 5th.

San Francisco, CA + Guangzhou + Beijing
GLOBAL +1.415.830.3884
CHINA +86.1.360.282.8624