[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 53, Issue 15

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Tue Aug 26 12:18:30 PDT 2008

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:20:00 +0800
> From: Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org>
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] VERY IMPORTANT Re: [Open Clip Art Library]
> 	Recent	Files	Problem File Names
> To: iglooo101 at yahoo.com
> Cc: Open Clip Art Library list <clipart at lists.freedesktop.org>
>
> Well, looks like someone uploaded your file. This is all PD, so one
> can
> do....I think actually admin did this to upload your old file...Johnny
> or another, maybe you can comment?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jon

Yes, the anonymous files are files that were uploaded using the
admin's "anonymous" account from the old site's files.  When the old
website had a contributor associated with it then that name was put
into the "featuring" field.  The only ones that were uploaded that way
were all the files submitted by users with just a single submission -
thinking being that we did not want to generate accounts for all of
those people just to get their one submission over to the new site.
If the attribution is not correct and the file was not originally
uploaded by James Ots, then it is a simple matter to clear out that
field.  Keep in mind that the "by line" on these submissions is not a
notation of authorship, just who uploaded it.  As jon says, it's all PD.

Johnny Automatic/John Olsen