[Clipart] Re: resurrecting the clipart browser project

Cody J. Maloney cmaloney at theoreticalchaos.com
Sat Dec 6 18:14:43 PST 2008

One feature that seems like it would be really nice would be if this could
use a simple XML file to get the list of images to display.  That way, you
could easily expand it to be used on more sites than just OCAL.org.  Yes, it
would have specific things like uploading images which are OCAL only but for
just getting the list/searching a simple protocol would be nice.

It would also be cool if it was able to also then read the one existing XML
format for this that I know of which was made for cooliris (others could be
added as they come along), which would make it so that website developers
for other sites wouldn't have to add new interfaces just for this particular
browser implementation. It would also make it work instantly on a number of
large sites (such as Google Images, Flickr, Deviant Art)

Cody