[Clipart] Developer Access to Open Clip Art Library

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Dec 9 01:33:36 PST 2008

As Dave asked on the OFLB list, we need anyone who is a current
developer and/or wants to be a developer to send in their desired
username along with htpasswd hash.

The reason for this is that we are changing the way we operate on the
openclipart.org site. There will be three admins (to be announced), and
then we can have developers who will have access to the subversion
repositories for the site.

This will allow for developers to have access to a local setup and so
that they may commit code. Then, it will be up to the admins to sync up
the development subversion with the running site.

Our hosts have been concerned that too many have access, and I think
this is a good compromise to also get more developers involved.

NOTE: This is for all developers both past, present and future. Also,
all admins need to do this. It takes literally 2 seconds to do, as you
can do on the web per Dave's email below, or you can do like this from
most linux-based desktops, like mine:

htpasswd -c tmpfile DESIRED_USERNAME

Then enter your password.

This will create a hash of your password, and NOT the password.

I'll give until FRIDAY to get me some keys, then, I will send them
onward to get more accounts. NOTE: The current user accounts will be
deactivated in favor of this approach.

I'll be sending an email about the admins shortly.

Cheers!

Jon