[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 45, Issue 29

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Jan 1 00:16:12 PST 2008

On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 06:39 -0800, John Olsen wrote:

> Deb,
>
> All our clip art is in the public domain so it is free for you to use
> without charge anyway you want.  But if you want to donate money to
> our efforts here it is welcome.  Also as it is in public domain, you
> cannot just take an image unchanged and try to copyright or protect it
> for your business.  Once in the public domain , it cannot be placed
> under more restrictive copyright.
>
> John Olsen

Actually, you can take this image and do whatever you want with it...of
course, altering it so there is reasonable diff. would help your case if
you took and then put a copyright on that changed work...

Jon

> > Message: 3
> > Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:06:48 +0000 (UTC)
> > From: noreply at openclipart.org
> > Subject: [Clipart] [Open Clip Art Library] Diamond
> > To: clipart at lists.freedesktop.org
> >

> > Interested in using your diamond in my business logo.
> >
> > Will you sell it?
> > Thank you,
> > Deb

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon at gristle.org
IRC: rejon at irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.