[Clipart] how does the ban link work?

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Sat Jan 5 07:56:00 PST 2008

FOLLOWUP:

That ban also seems to cause all sorts of bad things on the site in
terms of tags, search, navigation.  It is now not possible to use the
back and more links to go the groups of files containing that file.
Seems you can skip it by guessing the right ?offset= number

some experimentation also suggests:

Because the file name is Cheval - searching that term in the search
field returns an error

because the tags contained the words "animal"  &  "silhouette" those
tags are now returning errors.

Could this hint at a reason for many of the tag link issues we are
having?  I can't imagine I am the first person to hit the ban button.

John

For the first time ( and really it's surprising that it took this long
to do it ) I hit the ban link instead of the admin link on a file.
Now it seems the file is inacessable:

ERROR(8) "/var/www/openclipart.org/htdocs/ccextras/cc-
download.php"(50): Undefined index: menu_text [2008-01-05 15:33 pm]
[127.0.0.1][/media/files/yves_guillou/6518]
Down for upgrade, check back soon

Troubleshooting new installations

Is that the normal result for that function?  Also it is surprising
that it is a one click-no regrets operation - given the results.

John Olsen