[Clipart] librarians

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jan 7 00:09:16 PST 2008

John Olsen wrote:
> Seems lately that I am doing almost all the librarian work on the site.
>  If there are people on the list that would be able to assist in the
> librarian job I can give them admin status to help out.  Basically you
> just need to review some of the new files that come in and see that they
> conform to the site guidelines
> - http://openclipart.org/wiki/Guidelines - as well as just being valid

A note about the guidelines: I have an issue with the cropping.
You present in a figure (and this is a good thing) the *easiest* way to
automatically reduce the boundaries (even if the result is not
aesthetically pleasing, without a couple of free pixels on borders and
may be just wrong for images with drop shadows).
The thing is that librarians should not be overzealous, and consider
*not correctly cropped* images like
http://openclipart.org/people/nicubunu/nicubunu_RPG_map_symbols_mountain.svg

So maybe you can adjust the wording a bit on this particular item?

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/