[Clipart] php dev

Roan Horning Roan at Horning.us
Tue Jun 24 11:07:36 PDT 2008

> it's ok, I know some people talking about imagemagick problems when
processing svg, and inkscape is even easier to use, that will fix your
site
> needs but I don't think it will be ok for the upstream, I mean ccHost as
a CMS should not force the users to install inkscape. many users have
sites on
> shared servers that don't have inkscape installed, that's a thing to
consider.

While the code I used for generating thumbnails relied on inkscape, the
php thumbnail/resizing/resampling methods could be designed to allow
people to choose what conversion engine they want to use--either by
passing the engine type as an argument in the method, or making the
conversion engine a ccHost preference, or a combination of the two.

Since the code is currently targeting the OpenClipArt project, I would go
with Inkscape first, and then add the conversion engine preference
features later.