[Clipart] latest Safari Browser has much improved SVG rendering

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Sat Mar 29 09:04:24 PDT 2008

latest Safari Browser has much improved SVG rendering.

Well this list has been damned quiet.  So let me pass along a little
good news about the latest Safari Browser.  It has significantly
improved SVG rendering.  Here's a link to the webkit blog and and
entry on the work they have been doing to get a 100/100 score on the
Acid3 test.  http://webkit.org/blog/174/scenes-from-an-acid-test/

Sounds like the webkit and opera teams have been having a friendly
competition.

Latest public release of Safari also seems to handle a lot more of the
SVG filters than any Mozilla browser.  I base this solely on my
playing around on both with the W3.org tests http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20061213/htmlObjectHarness/full-index.html

but the differences between the two are pretty significant between
Firefox 2.0.0.13 and Safari 3.1

OK, back to trenches,

Johnny Automatic