[Clipart] [Open Clip Art Library] ripping clipart?

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Wed May 21 02:26:01 PDT 2008

noreply at openclipart.org wrote:
> This site http://www.clker.com/ seems to be ripping the open clipart.

The license we use for clipart (Public Domain dedication) allows that
type of usage, to what clker.com is doing is legit.

> I noticed because the only thing I submitted was on there (http://www.clker.com/clipart-10619.html), but I've never joined that site or even seen it.

Indeed, but by submitting to the Open Clip Art Library you put that work
under PD.

> It's unfortunate because if people use the clipart from there it draws support away from this site.

It is true that we could use some help with the website, but going with
PD was a conscious decision made in the early days: it allows maximum
freedom to our users, giving more value to the clipart.

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/