[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 50, Issue 20

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Sun May 25 13:37:05 PDT 2008

> Hi,
>
> I'm tring to upload a zip file containing several svg. It always
> says mi : There was error in the file format
> Unknown format
> That file format is not allowed.
> I tried izarc and 7zip.
>
> Is there a special thing to do ?

Zips are not currently supported - the old site did but the new one
doesn't yet.  They need to be uploaded using the submit link on the
left of the home page.  here's our most recent file guidelines: http://openclipart.org/wiki/Guidelines

Combining them into one svgz is a terrible idea, as the site is set up
to display single files that are searchable by tags and name.  We also
want the images to be used by even inexperienced people "right out of
the box"  So they need to be nicely trimmed single images that could
be inserted right into a document as one example.

John Olsen