[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 60, Issue 69

Joanna Pszenicyn papapishu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 00:54:28 PDT 2009

 On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 chovynz <chovynz at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is what I see...
> [...]
>
> "Chovynz, want to be an admin/librarian as well?"
> "Chovynz, want to be an admin/librarian as well?"
> "Chovynz, want to *be an admin/librarian* *be an admin/librarian **be an
> admin/librarian* *be an admin/librarian **be an admin/librarian* as well?"
>

> My first instinct is to run like hell and not look back. No, I don't want
> be an admin or librarian. I'm well aware of what admins and more
> power/responsibility brings. I just want to upload clipart that should be
> there.
>
> What else would be expected if I said yes? I don't have alot of time and I
> prefer being "loose".
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chovynz

To see what "librarians" typically do, see
http://openclipart.org/wiki/Moderation

It takes as much time as you allow it to take :) I mean, if you *really*
have too much free time,
you can clean up some older images yourself (there's always plenty of them),
or upload PNG
thumbnails manually ;) But usually we just check the new files to see if
they conform to the guidelines,
and we tag them "clean_up" if they don't, and write some reviews. That's
all.

I feel that we should write more positive reviews, not only "Please reduce
the image boundary (see the Guidelines)".
For example, look at ccmixter.org, they have a completely different "review
culture". They actually respond to comments,
even if it's only to say "thank you"  :O
Here are the reviews for one of the recent editor's picks:
http://ccmixter.org/reviews/scottaltham/18129
Could we try to pamper our artists a bit in this style?

>> I just thought of something. What if I am able(allowed) to log in as
>> Anonymous then upload them?

Could I also ask for access to Anonymous account?
I would like to help, for example handle the artist names from Z down to M,
or anything else you suggest.

Cheers,
Papapishu