[Clipart] Many clipart under one file entry, or separate files for separate entries?

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Mon Apr 6 01:00:20 PDT 2009

chovynz wrote:
>         PS: chovynz, as you can see, in the OCAL interface the PNG
>         thumbnails
>         are resized from HTML so they have a width of 128 px, something like
>         this looks (IMO) horrible:
>         http://openclipart.org/media/files/chovynz/11672 (resizing from
>         HTML do
>         not use resampling). It would be a good idea to make the width
>         128px for
>         thumbnails, so they look good (personally I put a 128x128
>         bounding box
>         for almost all my uploads due to this).
>

> Just a note, (I'm fairly certain) they are resized to a proportional
> height of 128. As seen here:
> http://openclipart.org/media/files/Anonymous/12276 the width is 256, and
> the height is 128.

Duh! I am stupid! Of course is 128px in height, not width as I said above...

> This knowledge can be used to make high quality thumbnails if someone is
> so inclined.

I draw all my clipart from the start in squared bounding boxes of
128x128px (is SVG, so it can be easily resized) and my PNGs are usually
generated by a script to ensure the file size (you may have noticed that
I tend to upload more than one file at a time).

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/