[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 64, Issue 12

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Wed Jul 22 06:49:07 PDT 2009

On Jul 21, 2009, at 11:31 PM, clipart-request at lists.freedesktop.org
wrote:

So much noise over this subject.  I agree with Francis.  This is not
an issue for the end user, except for ones we have put warnings on
like PD Issue.  If someone doesn't understand the license when they
upload, it is THEIR problem and they just put something into the
Public Domain.  If they upload an image that they don't have the right
to place into the Public Domain that also is their problem.  The
submitter is committing the copyright violation.  As librarians we try
to keep the site clean of these and police things, but we can't know
everything.  Ultimately we and our users should be protected by our
licensing and our stated requirements for submissions,

John Olsen