[Clipart] Thumbnails

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Tue Mar 17 05:30:16 PDT 2009

worms invasion wrote:
> Hello,
>
> By the way... did you all know that gallery2 http://gallery.menalto.com/ supports SVG? Not as SVG thumbnails (yet), but it renders PNG thumbs from the SVG, and when you "download photo in original format", then you get the SVG file rendered.

For thumbnails (it also do full size previews) it should be patched to
works with Inkscape, I suppose it used ImageMagick to render the PNGs,
which does not support a lot of the needed features.
Also, needing to digg a lot in the interface to the "download original
format" would practically de-emphasize our commitment to SVG and would
promote raster graphics instead.

> I have an example here: http://vertex.corpsmoderne.net/

What I dislike at Gallery2 (and one of the primary reasons I don't use
it for my photo gallery) is its reliance on albums. This is "old
school", what we need at OCAL is an image to be part on multiple categories.

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/