[Clipart] testing OCAL functionality

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Mon Mar 23 02:09:13 PDT 2009

Jochen Staerk wrote:
> Hi
>> Do we have somewhere an instance of OCAL running so I can test some
>> things (batch uploads) whitoud putting garbage on the real website?
>
> tell me when you found something, I would like to use that too.
> I also offer webspace/database space to set up a test system

I need it punctually, a one-time use for a) accomplish the 10K drive and
b) finish my import from the old website.

>> Has anyone experience with batch uploading, so I am not completely in
>> the dark?
>
> My generic recommendation (without knowing what exactly you want to do)

I want to upload >200 files on OCAL, but still have some relevant titles
and keywords.

> would be a) use something unixoid and b) use rsync -avzPL. On Vista I
> can reproducibly freeze my computer with a combination of vista network
> stack/vista firewall/cwrsync and some er... particular files I'll tell
> this list about once they are uploaded.

I can find my way with ssh/scp/rsync, but just putting them on server is
not of real use, the images mush get with relevant metadata in the
ccHost database.

So I can try to upload a zip file, see what happens and then delete the
garbage.

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/