[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 60, Issue 42

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Tue Mar 24 17:04:55 PDT 2009

On Mar 24, 2009, at 4:32 PM, clipart-request at lists.freedesktop.org
wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:02:50 +0100
> From: Jochen Staerk <jstaerk at usegroup.de>
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] Anybody here from Prooo-box?
> To: clipart <clipart at lists.freedesktop.org>

> Hi
>> Have we tried the computer game magazines?
>
> AFAIK no. And I guess it would be more the developer's magazines than
> the gamer's magazines. Some magazines run FOSS software databases so
> that they are up to date without being oblidged to write about
> anything.
> Maybe I sign it up in e.g. the heise software directory.

Seems that other good places would be any media appealing to designers
and other creatives of any field.  From people making commercial art,
web sites, etc, to home crafters and scrapbookers.  The appeal of a
clipart library is way beyond merely the computing community.  Karen's
Whimsy is great example - that clearly isn't there for Linux
programmers to get all excited about.

John Olsen