[Clipart] BETA OCAL Help Out page changes + navigation ideas

Greg Bulmash oneminuteinspirations at gmail.com
Thu May 14 17:31:03 PDT 2009

I agree with using a different term than "Help Out" because, for the
sake of usability, links with the word "help" should lead to help for
users of the site.  It prevents confusion.

Just from a marketing point of view, I think it would be better to
simply use "Volunteer" than "Volunteer Work".

Some people associate a positive feeling with the word "volunteer" while
they associate a negative feeling with the word "work".  If you don't
want to use "volunteer" all by itself, use a more positive word with
it... "Volunteer Opportunities" or "Become A Volunteer".  But I think
the word "Volunteer" all by itself works perfectly.  It's short, active,
and conveys the right idea.

- Greg