[Clipart] Launchpad / wiki / collaboration / New OCAL Beta site.

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Sun May 17 17:28:23 PDT 2009

Can we leave the current site bugstracker link as it is for now, and when we
switch over to Beta Skin, I or someone can change things? It makes it easier
when we are using LP for the Beta stuff, and freedesktop for the older one.
Otherwise we need to distinguish from old OCAL to Beta OCAL in the bug and
blueprint subject lines. (That's not a bad idea...it's just there is still
heaps to do on Beta.)  I don't want to rush things or prematurely announce
switch bugs over.

I dicussed this issue with Michael quite in depth. We came to the conclusion
that for now, it would be best to keep Bugzilla for the Current OCAL, and
Launchpad for the new Beta OCAL.

I posted the message on the mailing list as my focus was on those testing
and developing the Beta. We don't really want everybody uploading new stuff
to the Beta because that database will get wiped when finished testing and
we'll move the old database over to the new skin. New cliparts might get
lost in the transfer. We still have to test the Admin side of Beta and get
the pieces working together before we can try the site on real data.

I think it might be another couple of months before we are fully onto
Launchpad. I'm trying to help us get organised now, because once the new
OCAL hits, we wont have much time to rest. So in short, my answer to you
(for all your questions) is Yes, but not yet. :)

Sure, I'll move things from bugstracker too. I cant promise "results
overnight...but it will happen!" :) I'll do this after the Beta is at a good
place in itself.

--
Cheers
Chovynz