[Clipart] Can some one answer these queries please?

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 10:15:29 PDT 2010

Is it possible that Corel made a series of Clipart CD using clipart that
was PD?
There was a big move when I was younger for clipart CD's. Corel, MSI,
many other groups were releasing clipart cd's and other things like
shareware (that wasn't theirs but they could distribute) to get people
interested in *their* actual products - i.e. Corel Painter.

How can we find out? Does anyone have one of those corel CD's to
compare?  What does the metadata on those cliparts say (both on our OCAL
site and on the corel cd's? Who's job is that to find out? Corel's or
OCAL's? I'm a little bit , ok scratch that, I'm totally against making a
precedent that OCAL has to chase up everything that is "flagged". I used
to do that as a librarian out of courtesy and boredom, but it's
unreasonable to expect the librarians or other members of OCAL to do
that all the time. Due diligence yes, but let's not start witch hunts.

While I agree that we can't keep copyrighted material on OCAL, lets all
slow down a little and not accuse Artfavor or Corel of any wrongdoing.
That is not what the intent of copyright stuff is about and I certainly
don't want OCAL to jump and remove the clipart everytime someone yells
"COPYRIGHT!" Investigation and searching out is the key, and that's not
necessarily OCAL's job. ArtFavor said it's PD. Someone could contact
Corel to ask if they can see if there are any clipart that infringe
(with proof) if we are really concerned about it.

I'm in Favor of keeping these Art if possible.
Relax more! have fun with it! Help with what you know. Smile
<http://www.openclipart.org/people/massimo/massimo_sole_3.svg>. Have an
icecream
<http://www.openclipart.org/people/Gerald_G/Gerald_G_Ice_Cream_Cones_%28FF_Menu%29_16.svg>!

P.s Emails cleaned and put in order - latest at the top .

Cheers
Chovynz