[Clipart] Roadmap on wiki vs Blueprints

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 12:50:42 PDT 2010

 1.) What is involved in a release? I've never known, and haven't been able
to figure it out. Would you teach us what's involved in as much detail as
possible without getting too technical?

Secondary thought.
2.) You've been using Wiki Roadmap for awhile now. Why not try something new
(i.e. Blueprints) and see how it goes and if it can fit into the goals and
direction of OCAL? Can we mold it and shape it into what OCAL needs? Can we
break it and fix it? Does it give enough info to make the direction
available? if not, how can we re-make it into wehat we need? What do we
need?

I would suggest you use roadmap as a "This is what we have chosen to do,"
and the blueprints as "This is what we can choose from," and a "Your idea
goes here!"
I know many people do not use the wiki roadmap. Only a certain few seem to
(Jon, Johnny, Papapishu, Bassel, Me, a few others), and it [seems to be]
also semi-disconnected from the OCAL community at large. How many people
read it? I couldn't tell you. But by checking the history, I can tell you
that not many people edit it.

(Perhaps they feel they do not have the authority to change the roadmap
since you (Jon, Brad, Bassel, Michi?)  are the "leadership" and "direction
team". This might be a mindset that needs looking into, to change. How will
you (Jon/team) get feedback on this type of thing? How much help does OCAL
need? What specifically does OCAL need help with? Can you make some job
descriptions for people who want to get into helping out? [More vebose than
"we need PHP Scripters!!"] What are some tasks that newbies can do? How will
you reach them? etcetc. )

I do know that LP is being used more than the wiki by "regular users" e.g.
more people are reporting bugs on LP, more people are making blueprints,
more people seem to get involved WITH the LP facility.

I don't know! It just makes sense to at least try the [LP integrated]
Blueprints for 6 months or more and see if it fits your/OCAL/our style and
community.

3.) How is Aiki linked on the wiki? How manual is the wiki? Can page
addendums be added to the wiki via Authorised Automatic Wiki Bot reading
your feeds? (thinking of the Release 20.etc pages that you do...) If so,
what other jobs could be automatic-ised using the Authorised Automatic Wiki
Bot?

Joke = (Can we call the Bot, "Johnny"? Wink wink nudge nudge.)