[Clipart] Librarians tools

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 15:29:52 PDT 2010

Jon's recent mass uploads has really highlighted the need for more
Librarians tools.

What are the ideas put forward for mass editing a group of selected
cliparts?
What tools does a Librarian have?
What ones would be good for us to have?

Currently I can identify that Librarians have:
Edit Upload Name
Edit Description
Edit Tags
Edit Visibility

I can also identify that Librarians need:
Edit Drawn by
Toggle Edit/browse mode (e.g. when a librarian account clicks on a tag that
they want to browse to, instead of editing the tag list for that clipart.)
Mass Edit for selected cliparts for all the above tools.
Edit NSFW tag/checkbox/facility?
more comprehnsive cleanup tools.

What else does a generic Librarian need?
What tools could become more general user? (i.e. would it be a good idea to
allow anyone to edit the NSFW checkbox? - that kind of idea. How Open should
the Open Clipart tools be? Open clipart Accessibilty is good, but what about
Open user Productivity, and Open user Responsibilty? Should we start heading
towards anyone who is a registered member to be called a Librarian with the
same powers?)

--
Cheers
Chovynz