[Clipart] URGENT: http://www.openclipart.org/detail/48463

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Fri Apr 30 19:46:59 PDT 2010

G'day,

we should perhaps also try to add more NSFW tags, and mention them in
the documentation.  If you click on the "woman" tag, there are quite a
few that I would consider NSFW.  I agree with John that we should keep
them, but I would be much happier if there was a way of not showing
them (and probably have it on by default so that our site is a little
more school friendly).

Librarians could start off by tagging these as soon as possible.

On 1 May 2010 10:33, chovynz <chovynz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with what you said. However in this case, I think it would be
> appropriate to delete.
> NSFW filters simply is not working correctly, and (based on historic
> performance) it could be another month before Whoever it is who can do
> something about it, can get to doing it.
>
> Librarians cannot do anything else. (We can't even delete.) I tried to hide
> it, but since it is still there, there's nothing further we librarians can
> do. It's over to Bassel or Jon (or whoever else has DB access) to do
> something. (Or if there is another solution I'd be glad to hear it.)
>
> And the NSFW issue has been on the bug tracker since before Aiki changeover.
> Admittedly with a different framework, but IMO it would be good to have this
> sorted out ASAP. I don't feel comfortable sharing OCAL with schools until it
> is sorted.
>
> Cheers
> Chovynz
>

> On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
>>
>> No, we shouldn't delete it because it doesn't violate our guidelines,
>> and we have taken a pretty hard stance in the past against this type
>> of activity. With that being said, until we have NSFW filters in
>> place, I think it sounds reasonable to hide files that can't be
>> filtered out.
>>
>> But, we should make sure to file them on the bug tracker under
>> something like Add NSFW/tag filter for site. Users should be able to
>> configure their own filters and by default, we should be very
>> conservative on first visit to the site, IMO, especially on the main
>> page.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Jon
>>
>> <snip />
>>

>> --
>> Jon Phillips
>> http://rejon.org/
>> http://fabricatorz.com/
>> http://status.net/
>> http://rejon.status.net + skype: kidproto
>> +1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
>> +86.134.3957.2035 (china)
>

> --
> Cheers
> Chovynz

Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies
Nanyang Technological University