[Clipart] Fall? a little voice from the southern hemisphere...

Greg Bulmash oneminuteinspirations at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 19:19:14 PDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Donna Benjamin <donna at kattekrab.net> wrote:
> The Seasonal themes are great - except for one thing.  They make some of
> us in the southern hemisphere feel like we don't exist.

You don't, not as residents of the southern hemisphere anyway.
Everyone up here knows that if we sail over the equator, we'll fall
off. You're just one of the monsters in the void trying to make us
believe that the Southern Hemisphere exists so we'll blindly sail over
the edge and you can eat us.

> As far as I know, only the North Americans call Autumn 'Fall' - other
> English speakers call it Autumn - not to mention other languages have
> entirely different words...

Seeing as it starts at the Vernal Equinox, those of us who know the
season better just call it by its nickname, Vern.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5ED_5eiccE

> Where I am, it's currently winter, and we're about to go into Spring.

Holy crap! Are you writing from the future? Do you have flying cars yet?

> I think the call for theme'd clipart is fantastic! Really I do, but I
> wonder if we could do it in a less North American centric way?

Perhaps we could title them in Esperanto. Aŭtuna.

Gotta go, my kid is demanding I put on a "Ben 10" episode or he's
going to burn down the house.