[Clipart] CC Zero and Policies and DMCA

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Thu Dec 2 02:54:12 PST 2010

On 12/02/2010 12:23 PM, jon at rejon.org wrote:

> I'm not sure why, but looking at uploads, you already have taken a
> break...ahhhhhh ;) come on man, this isn't that big of a change at
> all...licensing is a big club anyway...just like cc, mostly a social
> network.

Surely you don't see my latest uploads since they are marked as NSFW and
therefore hidden :D :D :D

But I uploaded a big pack of over 50 original icons about a month ago
which was silent, as my feed is out of Planet aggregation[1].

> There should definitely be an opt-out for the content filtering, but
> like all things, power to the committers...how is your aiki hacking
> coming nicu? come on? fill some bugs...

Nah... is easier to put the content on my own page, under whatever rules
I feel like... honestly, the project used to be more open, when we
started it everybody was on the same line of thought: freedom first,
filter later[*], now we are overrun by "think of the children".

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/clipart/2010-November/011127.html
[*] as in do NOT implement a censoring system until there is no
possibility to skip it