[Clipart] made a first start on an OCAL Admin manual

Leonardo Cunha laobcunha at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 18:17:43 PDT 2010

Jon,

Sorry for not answering before, but I have been busy lately.

2010/6/24 Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org>

> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 10:12 PM, Leonardo Cunha <laobcunha at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I like your ideas, chovynz!
> > I have a few:
> > 1) Actually I don't know if we have this information somewhere on the
> > website, but I think it would be nice to have a page with statistics like
> > "new images per month". It doesn't have to be a graph bar; a table would
> be
> > great for a start.
>
> Cool...we had a stats page, but I think best to integrate the stats
> into the site directly, right? That is like a whole project to
> stat-isize the site. Those graphs currently are just placeholders, but
> could be real in the sidebars. I would add this as a blueprint, like
> More Metrics and list out places to add metrics.

Anything would be great. A simple table with the numbers is better than
nothing. I know you all already have a lot of work to do, but people usually
like to get impressed by numbers and the growth of the project is notable.

> > 2) A better user page. I see that a lot of users have an avatar, but I
> can't
> > find how to put one myself. Maybe it was possible in the old website, I
> > don't know. Maybe we could have a more complete profile, where we could
> fill
> > information about ourselves, if we want to. Things like email, name,
> etc.,
> > maybe a text area field where we can write whatever we want about us.
>
> This should be a really high priority.
>
> > 3) I have already said this, but anyway... I think the main page should
> say
> > something about (or have a link to) the month theme, to gather more
> > contributors.
>
> Yes, totally. We need a box of the news, and the monthly priority.
> Like a prioritybox saying hello, we are community, we are doing this
> now. help us! Totally great idea...Brad was working on this but then
> it turned into the "We are doing a contest right now...mabye that bar,
> can just turn into that? We aren't quite to that size to have multiple
> foci, but what would this look like all? mockups?
>
> > 4) I don´t know if this is already being done, but I think packages like
> > "Open Clip Art Library 2.0" should be updated from time to time, to
> exclude
> > the clipart that are being hidden/deleted due to copyright infrigement
> and
> > things like that. This would prevent people from downloading old non
> Public
> > Domain clipart from us.
> > What do you all think?
>
> That is interesting idea. And right, there are totally bad cliparts in
> there. What if we remove the old packages at a certain date? We are
> now doing these monthly themes, and people can get the cliparts via
> our website?

I am not sure... Some people like to have the whole bunch on their
computers. I am sorry to say that I am one of those. lol