[Clipart] Librarians be aware of http://www.freeclipartnow.com

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Thu Jun 17 06:41:17 PDT 2010

G'day,

On 17 June 2010 20:06, Rentfro, Jody <rentfroj at lisd.net> wrote:

>  Explanation of use:
> I used some of the images from OCAL for the state UIL contest for music
> memory. It is non-profit, however if they print it the music maps they will
> be sold to schools to cover the cost of the printing. It is for educational
> use.
> They paid me to create some of the art and assemble a montage of images for
> the music maps.
>
> Question:
> This email has me worried that even PD and CC images may not be truly free
> for any use. Are they?

Yes they are.

What we are worrying about here, is that someone may upload a file that they
do not have the right to release as public domain, but still claim it is
public domain.   However, if you download the file in good faith, then I
think you shouldn't need to worry.

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies