[Clipart] Web standards with OCAL

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Jun 26 22:02:52 PDT 2010

Well, the only bad html is the html humans write. So,right, using a
validation checker and then fixing the problems it points out is the
right approach.

Aiki doesn't force the html on the user, its up to the user.

So, all these bugs can be fixed inside of aiki.

Yes, simple is so much better and why we switched to aiki.

Go ahead and file a bug about html validation and css validation, but
even better is figuring out where to fix the bugs in aiki
installation, and fixing them there...

Jon

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 8:32 PM, chovynz <chovynz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you guys interested in following web standards for OCAL?
> Check these out. Some stuff I came across while trying to find out what AIKI
> was doing to OCAL.
>
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.openclipart.org%2Fbrowse&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=HTML5&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.781
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.openclipart.org%2Fpackages&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.781
>
> I suggest we start using aiki with the way web standards are intended.
> CSS into a collective area, instead of all spread out in their individual
> pages.
> Any Librarian should be able to able modify the site as needed, just by
> adding the basics of
> <h2>header for below</h2>
>
> The way OCAL is currently written is horrible for webstandards and will
> inhibit other people becoming Librarians, since they have to know HTML, and
> CSS, and PHP, AND the AIKI framework usage, to be able to modify the site.
>
> Simple is best. Can we make OCAL simple to modify?
> With CSS and HTML and now with the capabilty of php + Aiki, there's no
> excuse for sloppy web-coding. Especially now that we are not linked to
> CCHost in any way.
>
> If there are gaps in my knowledge about why this isn't possible with php or
> aiki please let me know. :-)
>
> Cheers
> Chovynz

http://rejon.org/