[Clipart] Public Domain certification blurb on Upload screen

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 22:17:23 PDT 2010

You might have seen it already.
I've copied the basic text of the Public Domain certification onto the
upload page.

http://www.openclipart.org/upload

Hopefully this reduces the misunderstandings that have come up recently
of different licences and copyrighted stuffs.
I added a comment, "Dedicator recognizes that once placed into the
public domain, the Work can not be placed under a licence at a later
date. Once in the public domain, the Work remains as public domain." It
says this further up the text, but I felt it needed to be clearer, in
different wording.

I was going to make a check box that has to be ticked stating "I have
read and understood the terms of upload." But I think that isn't
necessary at this stage. As Nicu says, it's better to be easier for the
uploader. It's pretty clear that you are uploading under a Public Domain
cert with that text there I think. Any further suggestions for this?

Cheers
Chovynz