[Clipart] OCAL updates

Bassel Safadi bassel.safadi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 12:39:23 PDT 2010

Hi All,

first I would like to thank everybody for reporting bugs/sending emails. we
are trying hard to fix the issues as fast as we can.

as you might noticed the site was running very slow in the last couple of
hours because of the huge number of visitors today. while it's very good for
all of us (30,000+ sessions in the
last hour alone) it's very bad for the server. SO to solve this problem I
enabled in aiki something called widget cache which is a system that only
caches parts of the page and reads the other parts in realtime. that will
cause the statistics and some info in the new uploaded cliparts to take up
to 40 minutes to update ( might reduce the number if the load is back to
normal)
while logged in users will not be effected by this cache thing, the normal
guests will. so if you posted a comment. it might take some time ( 40
minutes) for guests to see it. while logged in users will see it the moment
it's posted.

and yeah we added a field to write comments :-)

we need your valuable help uploading art /commenting/ and reporting bugs

Thank you very much

Best,

--
Bassel Safadi